Land Survey Instrument Operator or Survey Helper
LOCATION: 706 Leander Dr, Suite 404, Leander, TX 78641
AG3 Group, LLC (AG3) is a Texas-based civil engineering consulting and surveying services firm with offices in Leander, TX; San Antonio, TX; Austin, TX; Dallas, TX; Sinton, TX; and Oklahoma City, OK, providing civil engineering, surveying, and construction services to the private and public sectors since 2006.
AG3 offers a full array of employee benefits to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO, holiday pay and bonus incentives.
This position provides support to the Survey Crew Chief in the field in support of various survey projects, including boundary surveys, subdivision plats, construction calculation, topographic and route projects, throughout Texas.
- Clear underbrush for instrument sighting
- Set wooden stakes and iron pins into ground as directed
- Transport equipment and supplies as needed to operate and measure distance with a total station
- Obtain bearings and angles using a compass
- Read horizontal and vertical angles with total station
- Obtain readings from standard, direct reading, cut and fill rods
- Minimum knowledge of land surveying practices and techniques.
- Working knowledge of modern survey devices and modern survey methods.
- High School Degree or equivalent
- 1 year field experience preferred, but not required
- Effective communications skills
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends when necessary
- Must be reliable and dependable
AG3 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, creed, belief, or political affiliation.